Website School of Rock Chapel Hill
Performance-Based Music Education
Job Title: Studio Coordinator
Reports To: Assistant General Manager
School of Rock is the original performance-based, interactive music school founded in 1998 in Philadelphia. With over 300 schools, and a strong internationally recognized brand, School of Rock is the largest after-school music education provider. Our mission is to help kids rock their worlds.
The Studio Coordinator helps the Assistant General Manager run the show from ACDC to Zappa, creating a safe and cool environment for students to achieve their musical and creative potential. We want as many kids as possible to have the opportunity to experience the magic that is School of Rock. Our Studio Coordinators bring that commitment to life working with every part of the school’s community to put on epic shows through which our students learn music and life skills. The Studio Coordinator assists the AGM, who is the primary owner of the relationship with our students and parents, and is the administrative focal point for the School of Rock. The Studio Coordinator is a person with outstanding customer service skills and the ability to juggle many tasks. They assist with running the School and creating an amazing experience for all students, parents and prospective customers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• The Studio Coordinator reports to the Assistant General Manager
• Works with the Owner, Assistant General Manager, Music Director, and Instructors to provide an exceptional music education experience for students, delivering strong engagement with each child and maximizing student enrollment
• Works with Owner and Assistant General Manager to assist in the management of staff and the school facility to provide a safe, cool and appropriate experience for all students
• The Studio Coordinator helps the AGM serve as the face of the school in the reception area of the school, and provides a top-quality customer service experience
o Handles opening and closing of school in coordination with the Assistant General Manager
o Assists with marketing, sales and promotions to drive school growth and student success
o Answer phones and fields inquiries; pitches the music program
o Schedules and leads tours for prospective students and parents
o Greets, and looks after students
• The Studio Coordinator assists the Assistant General Manager who serves as the business manager of the school, in coordination with, and at the direction of the Owner
o Handles complex scheduling for busy music school
o Facilitates financial management of the school including but not limited to analyzing results, tracking budgets, and managing labor costs
o Manages customer communications, including policies, billing and schedule management
o Works with the Owner, Assistant General Manager, and Music Director (MD) in the recruitment of exceptional music teachers and identifying iconic music venues and show opportunities
o Delivers results through management of and discipline around business and educational KPIs
o Works on special projects, prepares reports, and other administrative tasks as requested
• 3+ years of experience in marketing, sales, and/or retail / customer service environment
• Excellent customer service and relationship skills
• Strong experience recruiting and managing staff
• Excellent communication skills
• Proven problem solving skills
• Good team player and collaborator who works well across diverse populations
• Strong work ethic, integrity, and leadership skills
• Detailed oriented with strong organizational skills
• Experience and interest in working with children
• Passion and/or interest in music and the arts highly desirable
• High detail orientation, multi-tasker
• Welcoming, outgoing demeanor essential
This hourly position is an in-person role, located at the School of Rock Chapel Hill (1500 Fordham Blvd, Chapel Hill, NC, 27514). We offer paid holidays, additional paid time off, a matching 401k plan, seasonal bonuses, and other incentives to our team members. We are a Living Wage Certified Employer in Orange County, North Carolina.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
It is the policy of the School of Rock to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. School of Rock complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
School of Rock expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of School of Rock’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org