Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator
Website Orange Water and Sewer Authority (OWASA)
Orange Water and Sewer Authority (OWASA)
Orange Water and Sewer Authority (OWASA), Carrboro-Chapel Hill’s not-for-profit public service agency delivering high-quality water, wastewater, and reclaimed water services seeks a highly responsible, detail-oriented individual to join our Mason Farm Wastewater Treatment team as a Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator.
Ideal candidate is a team player with excellent work ethic and adaptability. Candidates should have a positive attitude, excellent communication skills and the willingness to work with the team to fulfill the goals of the organization.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Maintain knowledge of the principles and practices applied to the operation and maintenance of the wastewater treatment plant.
- Ensure regulatory compliance by monitoring wastewater treatment plant processes and maintaining proper plant balance to include adjusting chemical feeds.
- Complete multiple plant inspections, collect samples, and troubleshoot processes and equipment.
- Assist with offloading bulk chemical deliveries.
- Utilize various types of machinery and equipment including SCADA, forklift, lab, and general office equipment.
- Job requires working weekends, holidays, nights, and rotating shifts.
This position requires a High School diploma or equivalent and a valid North Carolina Grade 1 Wastewater Operator’s Certification with one year of experience. Applicants should have a good working knowledge of mathematics, chemistry, and bacteriology. Must meet and maintain requirements of a safety sensitive position (ability to wear a full-face respirator, complete HAZWOPER training, etc.). Physical requirements include the ability to frequently exert 10-25 pounds and occasionally 20-50 pounds.
Team members are our most important resource. Pay and Benefits include:
- Salary Range is $47,228 – $72,731
- Membership in the NC Local Government Employee Retirement System (pension plan)
- Employer 457 Deferred Compensation contribution (no match required)
- Retirement Health Savings account
- Employer paid Health, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Dependent Life, Long-term Disability
- Vacation, Sick, Personal, Bereavement and Parental Leave; 12 Paid Holidays
- Educational Reimbursement
- Cell Phone Stipend
- Bonus Pay for Additional Certifications and/or Education
- Much, much more!
OWASA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to continuous improvement, sustainability, creativity, diversity, and inclusion. OWASA does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, disability, age, or sex in administration of its programs or activities, or employment decisions. Certified Orange County Living Wage Employer.
To complete an application, visit www.owasa.org. Closing date is March 31, 2023.
To apply for this job please visit www.owasa.org.