Website Orange Water and Sewer Authority (OWASA)
Orange Water and Sewer Authority (OWASA)
The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Specialist will assist in developing and implementing strategies to support Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB) programs and initiatives. The DEI Specialist will partner with staff to execute plans focused on developing skills in creating an inclusive and equitable environment.
In this newly created role, the DEI Specialist will play a critical part in fostering a culture of inclusion. Key duties and responsibilities:
– Reviewing current practices and policies, assessing, and analyzing alignment with the DEIB framework and guiding principles
– Implementation and facilitation of various DEIB initiatives to include employee diversity groups, training, and communications
– Assisting with cultivating relationships with key external diversity organizations and vendors; supporting Minority/Women-owned Businesses related initiatives to include outreach/engagement
– Working with staff to identify recruiting tools and specific recruitment plans to reach underrepresented groups
– Developing, implementing, and monitoring outcome driven DEIB metrics
– Staying abreast of diversity and inclusion trends and best practices
Candidates should have three years’ experience in diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging work. Position requires a bachelor’s degree in relatable field of study and a valid driver’s license issued by the State of North Carolina.
The ideal candidate should possess outstanding communication skills and have a positive and collaborative working style that helps break down barriers and transform obstacles to opportunities for even greater success. Must have the ability to handle confidential information and materials with discretion. Must be community minded, innovative in the approach to completing our mission, and supporting the organizational values.
Team members are our most important resource. Pay and Benefits include:
– Salary Range is $69,365 – $106,823
– Membership in the NC Local Government Employee Retirement System (pension plan)
– Employer 457 Deferred Compensation contribution (no match required)
– Retirement Health Savings account
– Employer paid Health, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Dependent Life, Long-term Disability
– Vacation, Sick, Personal, Bereavement and Parental Leave; 12 Paid Holidays
– Educational Reimbursement
– Cell Phone Stipend
– Bonus Pay for Additional Certifications and/or Education
– Much, much more!
OWASA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to continuous improvement, sustainability, creativity, diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. Visit www.owasa.org to apply for this excellent opportunity. This recruitment will close on February 17, 2023.
To apply for this job please visit www.owasa.org.