Position: Facilities Staff (Substitute) Reports to: Facilities Manager
Status: Substitute (as needed), Non-Exempt Compensation: $15.40/hour
Schedule: As needed to fill in for regular facilities staff; generally Mondays-Fridays, 11am-7pm
Seeking an energetic self-starter with janitorial experience for Facilities Staff position to clean and maintain IFC’s
programs and offices when the regular staff is out. The ideal candidate is interested in providing quality cleaning
services for high-traffic areas and can function well in a fast-paced environment. IFC values and expects dignified,
equitable, anti-racist, healing-centered interactions with all members and shelter residents, volunteers, and staff.
- Assure the cleanliness of all IFC’s facilities; clean all programs and office areas on a regular, rotating basis; clean and maintain restrooms and high traffic areas
- Maintain the physical appearance and working order of the organization’s facilities and outdoor spaces
- Assist with minor repairs and maintenance and assure that equipment and fixtures are in working order
- Assure the prompt disposal of trash, recyclables, and compostables
- Evaluate safety concerns in the facilities, including steps/handrails, fire extinguishers, fire escapes, exit signs, etc.
- Assist with grounds work, including mowing lawns, weeding, maintaining outdoor areas, etc.
- Assist with unloading trucks and other duties as assigned
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as scheduled
- Understanding of the causes of poverty and homelessness and the relationship of these societal problems to
unjust and inequitable systems
- Commitment to actively working toward anti-racism personally and on an organizational level
- Previous experience cleaning and maintaining facilities
- Knowledge of basic repair procedures
- Reliable, able to multi-task, attentive to detail and conscientious
- Excellent interpersonal skills; respectful/patient demeanor; ability to work with people of different backgrounds
- Ability to physically perform the necessary janitorial and maintenance duties and lift up to 50 pounds
- Valid NC driver’s license preferred
- IFC is a social justice organization focused on creating a community of care and liberation
- Position works in all IFC facilities on a rotating basis
- Shift may change and hours may vary at times, depending on need
- May be considered Essential Staff in emergencies and during inclement weather, depending on circumstances
- May be required to lift and carry items up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to respond immediately to crises that arise
- Must be able to work in a hectic, high-demand environment
Application procedure: Please email resume and cover letter to HR@ifcmailbox.org. Position is open until filled. IFC is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people with lived experience of poverty and/or homelessness, people of color, LGBTQ applicants, and people with disabilities.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com