Website Habitat for Humanity of Orange County, NC
The Major Gifts Program Manager reports to the Vice President of Development and will serve as a vital member of the Development team. They will be responsible for ensuring that all fundraising and communications activities for major donors ($2,500 and up) are utilizing best practices in reaching ambitious fundraising goals and providing excellent stewardship for donors.
This is a full-time exempt, averaging 40 hours per week. This position will require some work on nights and weekends for events.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
Major Gift Pipeline Management and Solicitation
· Facilitate weekly major gifts meeting with the Development Team, identifying qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship opportunities
· Build and manage the major donor prospect list, ensuring that information is being tracked on a timely basis, and that progress toward goals is tracked and monitored;
· Assist with donor screening to help identify new major donor prospects and manage the screening process and input of data
· Identify and track new prospects through referrals, research, and outreach, including Community events, prospecting tools, and other networking opportunities.
· Create strategic moves management plans based on donor interest, organizational needs, and donor capacity
· Carry a donor portfolio of 50-100 donors with the potential of making a major gift
· Oversee the planned giving program, including solicitation of long-time donors for planned and estate gifts
Donor Recognition and Stewardship
· Ensure appropriate donor acknowledgement and stewardship
· Track naming opportunities and plan for appropriate donor recognition opportunities including giving societies
· Work with staff responsible for gift processing and finance to ensure proper recording, allocation, documentation, acknowledgement, stewardship, and analysis of major gifts and pledges; and
· Provide timely reports to the VP of Development and other key leadership as necessary
· Is a passionate and informed advocate for Habitat and serves as one of the key spokespersons for the organization. Looks for opportunities (or positions the CEO or other key leadership) to attend community events or serve on community panels or initiatives that position the organization for improved fundraising or visibility
· Enthusiastic and skilled networker who enjoys getting out into the community, attending events and participating in civic groups and activities that position the organization for success
· Commitment to diversity and a history of working effectively with colleagues, volunteers, prospects and donors irrespective of their economic status, ethnicity, gender-identity, educational level or sexual orientation
· Comfortable with Habitat homeowners as well as corporate executives and people of wealth
· Can clearly and effectively articulate Habitat’s case for support using a combination of homeowner, volunteer, and donor stories and facts/figures related to need and impact
· Some local travel is required
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and/or five years of sales and/or fundraising experience is required
· Familiarity with non-profit organizations and fundraising techniques is a plus
· Exceptional planning skills; goal, results and detail-oriented with the ability to set and meet deadlines
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and key stakeholders and build long-term relationships
· Proficient in MS Office and customer relationship management (CRM) systems
· A current and valid [NC] drivers license
Salary Range: $60,000-$72,000
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and abilities and reflective of salary levels in nonprofit organizations. Benefits package includes holidays and paid time off, health insurance, 401k, and long and short-term disability insurance
To apply: Please visit https://orangehabitat.isolvedhire.com/jobs/
To apply for this job please visit orangehabitat.isolvedhire.com.