Website Child Care Services Association
Child Care Services Association
Responsible for managing all facility-related operations on a day-to-day basis. This includes maintenance, safety and security and reception for all locations, as well as lease negotiations and lease management. The position interfaces with both internal management and tenants/tenant representatives regarding space planning/utilization. Also responsible for risk management which includes agency insurance coverage.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedule, plan and execute all repair and maintenance concerns for all locations, including plumbing, utility, landscaping, parking, janitorial and other service via outside vendors.
- Respond to facility-related requests on agency Ops-Req system.
- Develop/manage the Operations Division and Administration budgets.
- Contribute to strategic planning, business development and/or program expansion activities.
- Protect agency staff, clients and assets by maintaining proper/adequate insurance coverage.
- Maintain and proactively manage compliance with Agency policies, as well as all federal, state and local codes/regulations.
- Coordinate and schedule inspections, including fire and security systems along with building services such as plumbing, electrical and elevator.
- Serve as the site Security Officer by managing the access control system and issuance of badges and keys.
- Serve as site Safety Officer by correcting unsafe conditions or practices, unlawful activities and activities which present unreasonable health and/or environmental risk to agency staff, clients, tenants and/or visitors.
- Serve as the site Fire Officer by maintaining the fire system and function as liaison with Fire Marshal and insurance carrier.
- Coordinate the maintenance and licensing of agency vehicles.
- Procure materials, supplies, equipment, and/or other services from outside sources via best practices (researching, comparison and recommendation based on pricing vs. services).
- Coordinate logistical support functions, such as set ups, furniture, etc., for all staff at all locations.
- Actively participate in and facilitate the recruitment and training in the agency Emergency Response Team (ERT).
- Be an active representative for the agency at Franklin Square, a commercial office complex where CCSA owns two of the twelve buildings by serving on the HOA Board.
- Collect and process monthly usage reports for copier and postage operations.
Treat information on CCSA clients, employees or Board members in a confidential manner.
- Perform other tasks, and/or participate in agency committees as assigned.
- Manage the reception staff in Durham and Chapel Hill.
- Process monthly invoices for payments for vendors.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with internal and external clients.
- Well organized, with attention to detail and accuracy, in performing multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong initiative/self-starter; dependability; punctuality.
- Be comfortable in working in both internal and external clients in all situations and under various degrees of stress.
- Work safely in accordance with regulations, standards, and procedures and in a manner that eliminates unreasonable risk to health and the environment.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or groups.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 8 years Operations/Facility management experience, or a Master’s Degree with at least 5 years experience
- At least 4 years of supervisory experience
Special Working Requirements
- An automobile at his/her disposal; a valid, non-suspended NC driver’s license and a current automobile liability policy with continuous coverage. Reasonable accommodations may be made at agency’s discretion.
- Must be able to manipulate and operate office supplies and equipment. Occasionally required to lift up to 35 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities.
- No substantiation or criminal conviction of child abuse or neglect.
- Requires schedule flexibility, including occasional evening and weekend work as well as 24/7 accessibility for emergency calls (fire, security).
- Requires driving and walking between multiple locations. Weekend or evening work as required.
Salary Range $62,993 – $94,490
CCSA has a generous benefits package. Permanent employees that work at least 20 hours per week are eligible for benefits. Some of the benefits we offer include:
Section 125 Cafeteria Plan
Health, dental, vision and life insurance
Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Employer contribution to 401k Retirement Plan
Paid annual and sick leave
15 paid days of holiday leave
Paid child Involvement Leave
Paid discretionary leave
Employee Assistance Program
Child Care Tuition payments
CCSA also offers many fringe benefits. Some of the fringe benefits include:
Commitment to diversity and equity
Casual dress work environment
Hybrid work schedules / flexible schedules
Standing and emergency payroll advances
Child Care Referral assistance
CCSA has been awarded Living Wage Employer Certifications in Orange and Durham Counties, and is a Family Forward NC Certified Employer.
Employment is contingent upon passing a criminal background check. CCSA is no longer requiring the COVID-19 vaccine for employment due to the fact that there is significantly less risk of severe illness. However, CCSA strongly recommends that employees receive this vaccination in order to minimize the risk of infections in our workplace.
To apply for this job please visit www.childcareservices.org.