Website Child Care Services Association
Child Care Services Association
Provides high quality consultation, support and education to parents in identifying, locating and evaluating quality child care/early childhood education programs and resources. Offers support and technical assistance to caregivers and the community at large regarding quality early care and education and school-age child care. Provides access to resources and information pertaining to current child care trends affecting accessibility, affordability and quality of care.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Treat information on CCSA consumers, employees or Board members in a confidential manner.
- Provide high quality consultations and customized referrals face-to-face or by phone, to consumers in identifying, locating, and evaluating quality early education programs and community resources based on consumer needs and requests.
- Represent CCSA and the Family Support Department according to prescribed goals at community outreach events, including occasional evening and weekend events.
- Conduct Choosing Quality Child Care and other educational, parent-oriented seminars/webinars.
- Conduct community and parent outreach activities and provide for on-going upgrade of consumer resources.
- Recruit child care providers to list their program with Child Care Referral Central.
- Gather, enter, maintain, and report on required parent and child care provider information using WLS and other databases using standard procedures with attention to detail and data accuracy.
- Pre-screen clients’ eligibility for CCSA’s child care scholarship programs.
- Facilitate and participate in a team-oriented work environment while valuing individual team members’ contributions, appreciation for diversity and confidentiality standards of the agency.
- Participate in all department and agency staff meetings and trainings; participate in planning and implementation of department annual plan and customer service standards.
- Assist novice team members during orientation and training with standard knowledge to effectively conduct referral services.
- Provide interpretation between parents and child care providers, and parents and other community resources.
- Perform other work-related tasks as requested by agency leadership
- Fluent in Spanish and English.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with internal and external clients.
- Excellent customer service skills and problem-solving skills.
- Computer experience (i.e., internet, MS Office suite); knowledge of or demonstrated ability to use database applications.
- Attention to detail with ability to accurately handle large volume of administrative work.
Education and Experience Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood/Child Development or related human services
- A minimum of two-year’s experience working directly with families and children with at least one year’s experience working with Spanish-speaking families
Special Working Requirements
- An automobile at his/her disposal; a valid, non-suspended NC driver’s license and a current automobile liability policy with continuous coverage. Reasonable accommodations may be made at agency’s discretion.
- Must be able to manipulate and operate office supplies and equipment. Occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities.
- This position is mostly sedentary work with keyboarding, phone and computer use.
- No substantiation or criminal conviction of child abuse or neglect.
- May require need for flexible schedules, including occasional evening and weekend work.
- May work in shared space.
- Hybrid work environment
- May include visibility on social media platforms.
CCSA has a generous benefits package. Permanent employees that work at least 20 hours per week are eligible for benefits. Some of the benefits we offer include:
Section 125 Cafeteria Plan
Health, dental, vision and life insurance
Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Employer contribution to 401k Retirement Plan
Paid annual and sick leave
15 paid days of holiday leave
Paid child Involvement Leave
Paid discretionary leave
Employee Assistance Program
Child Care Tuition payments
CCSA also offers many fringe benefits. Some of the fringe benefits include:
Commitment to diversity and equity
Casual dress work environment
Hybrid work schedules / flexible schedules
Standing and emergency payroll advances
Child Care Referral assistance
CCSA has been awarded Living Wage Employer Certifications in Orange and Durham Counties, and is a Family Forward NC Certified Employer.
Employment is contingent upon passing a criminal background check. CCSA is no longer requiring the COVID-19 vaccine for employment due to the fact that there is significantly less risk of severe illness. However, CCSA strongly recommends that employees receive this vaccination in order to minimize the risk of infections in our workplace.
To apply for this job please visit www.childcareservices.org.